Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Oracle RAC: DBT-10002 DBCA does not support this operation in a Grid Infrastructure Oracle Home

This blog is to explain I am getting the error when trying to create Oracle 19C database through DBCA and the mistake I made. The error is pretty straightforward and self-explanatory at the same time, it was vague. 




When I saw the error, I thought, my grid_env or bashc profile had GI_HOME defined within.  That was what was stated in Oracle Note (DBCA Fails to Start with DBT-10002 (Doc ID 2646840.1)).  




No GI_HOME in my PATH or anywhere can be found.


[oracle@rac2 ~]$ echo $GI_HOME

[oracle@rac2 ~]$ unset GI_HOME

[oracle@rac2 ~]$ echo $PATH
/u01/app/oracle/product/19.3/db_1/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/home/oracle/.local/bin:/home/oracle/bin
[oracle@rac2 ~]$



As it turned out, I accidentally ran the DBCA on an absolute path in the Grid directory (/u01/app/version/grid/bin) instead of where my Oracle Software media directory. Once executing the DBCA from the media directory, it worked fine. Note: I have customized db_env, so, I use the absolute path for DBCA.


1 comment:

  1. That's all very good. But please show how, by using screen shoots.

    ReplyDelete